Gitea is an opensource software development platform. AWSMP: Decyphertek
Please be aware that it takes a few minutes for the system to be up and running. The best way to check is to view the status check from the ec2 / instances / dashboard. If it says intializing, it is not ready yet.
SSH Into the server:
- Linux + MAC - add .pem key to ~/.ssh/id_rsa > change permisisons > chmod 400 id_rsa
- ssh core@ip-of-server
- If using putty or mobaxterm make sure to convert .pem using puttygen.
- How to access Gitea > https://ip-of-server
- Scroll down to Administrator Account Settings and set the usename and password.
- Optional: Set your email config under email settings.
- Gitea uses port 222 to push/pull via ssh. Generate new ssh keys via ssh keygen. Upload public key to Gitea gui.
- Optional: Setup ssh psuh/pull > click top right icon > Select settings > Select SSH/GPG keys > Add Key
Portainer - Manage Docker:
- How to access Portainer to manage your containers > https://ip-of-server:9443
- Follow the instructions to create a new admin account.
- Caution - Portainer can timeout if you dont create an account fast enough
- If this happens you need to restart the container, ssh into the server, then run. > docker restart portainer
- Once logged into portainer, click get started and select local. You can manage docker from here.
Docker - Update Containers:
- Caution: Make sure to back up any data and test the update in a staging environment before running these commands on a production server.
- ssh into the server
- cd .docker
- docker-compose down
- docker-compose pull
- docker-compose up -d
Docker - Redeploy:
- Optional: Troubleshooting - If you have issues and want to rebuild, delete via portainer.
- Enable startup and reboot: sudo systemctl enable startup && sudo reboot
Manage Flatcar Linux:
- Optional: Manaully update Flatcar. Updates will happen automatically.
- If you want to manually check for updates run this command: update_engine_client -update
https://docs.gitea.com/ https://docs.docker.com/ https://docs.portainer.io/ https://www.flatcar.org/docs/latest